Cupcaitering

Monday, March 12, 2012

Vanilla Bean Snickerdoodles

I don't want to brag, but I'm really awesome at procrastinating. I've found the trick while procrastinating is to find another task that you can attach some importance to and then you don't even have to feel poorly about yourself for procrastinating.





So, instead of cleaning my apartment, I made cookies. Totally a productive task. My apartment is still a mess....but I have cookies. I think this was a good choice.

Recipe: Slightly adapted from "Joy the Baker Cookbook"
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla
vanilla bean scraped of seeds

For the topping:
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup granulated sugar

Taken from: "Joy the Baker Cookbook"

Directions:
1) Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.


2) In the bowl of stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time. Add in the vanilla.


3) Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Place the dough in the fridge for about half an hour while the oven preheats to 350 degrees F. While you're waiting mix together the ingredients for the topping in a small bowl.


4) Scoop table-spoon sized balls of dough and roll in the topping. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until slighly golden.










1 comment:

  1. Yummmm! I rarely admit this but I am a much bigger fan of vanilla than chocolate, so these are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete