Cupcaitering

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

sweet potato latkes

Thought I'd post something a bit new for this blog, since I haven't posted in eons. When I started the blog, the intent was to focus on improving my baking, and I definitely did. Now that I don't have access to an oven, I can't really share any baked creations (and boy am I missing it!). So, I decided I might share a few meals. Who knows if anyone is interested in this, but I am going to share anyways.

Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta-carotene, but it's important to combine that with some fat in your meal to ensure uptake. That's what these delicious latkes are perfect! Plus, they are ridiculously easy. Other than the sweet potato grating part - that made me miss my food processor.


Sweet Potato Latkes

1 large sweet potato, grated
1/3 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg
salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Heat about 3 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Cook latkes on medium high heat for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove onto paper towel to remove excess oil. Enjoy! I ate mine with greek yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I just might make these for dinner tonight. I love the idea of cooking posts along with baked goods. I can never have too many good recipes in my life. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a great time making them :-) I added cumin to the recipe to meet my taste for pungent flavours! Delish!

      Delete