I decided to get back into baking by turning my kitchen into a big sticky boozy mess and really think that you should too. These are delicious!!!! Particularly when left on top of a big mug of hot chocolate and left to melt.
3 1/2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 cup cold, baileys, divided in two
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large egg whites or reconstituted powdered egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1) Grease a 9X13 pan and then dust with powdered sugar.
2) Mix 1/2 cup of baileys and gelatin in the bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment.
3) Over low heat add remaining 1/2 cup of baileys, sugar, salt and corn syrup until the sugar has dissolved. Turn heat up to medium and let boil until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F.
4) Add the sugar mixture to the gelatin and continue to mix at medium until it begins to grow in size. While this is mixing, use a hand mixer to whisk egg whites until they form solid peaks. Add egg whites and vanilla extract to sugar mixture until well combined.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. You will likely need to grease a spatula to be able to get everything out of the bowl - it will be a very sticky mess. Dust with powdered sugar and let the marshmallows sit for 3-5 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from the pan and cut into desired size.