Cupcaitering

Monday, December 12, 2011

Salty Chocolate Toffee Cookies

I just don't know what to say about these. After my first long workout in way too long, I just needed something chocolate and delicious and in cookie form. I found these and it took me about 3 minutes to get out the door to buy the ingredients I didn't have on hand - which given my normal sloth like state after a long work out is pretty remarkable. Pretty sure that I completely mitigated any positive impacts that the provided just in the baking process, but sometimes that's just the way it has to happen. Totally worth it.


Recipe
slightly adapted from Smitten Kitchen
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound (!!!!) semisweet chocolate, melted
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups (packed) brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 chocolate-covered English toffee bars (I used Skor)
Flaked sea salt to taste


Directions:

1) Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder in a small bowl while melting chocolate over a double boiler.

2) In a mixer combine butter and sugar until fluffy, add in the eggs, vanilla and chocolate.

3) Add in the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Let dough chill for about 20 minutes.

4) Preheat the oven to 350, spoon dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (this is particularly important if you don't want to spend half an hour cleaning your baking sheets when you finish). Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment