I forgot to put these in my summer update post. I love these cookies! I've made them in the past and they never disappoint. This time I used pretzel M&Ms instead of regular ones and they were even yummier. I was just thinking yesterday that because peanut butter doesn't seem to be as big here, I wonder if they are into pb baked goods? I am going to have to explore this a bit more and introduce them to the magical world of peanut butter cookies if they aren't already informed. Any brits out there know the answer to this?
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp corn syrup
2 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 cup m&ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk in oats until combined.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in vanilla, corn syrup and eggs. Finally, beat in the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in chocolate and M&Ms.
5. Chill dough for about 1 hour in the fridge or 20 minutes in the freezer.
4. Place balls of dough that are patted down a bit on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies should be golden brown and set, but make sure not to overcook them to enjoy chewy cookies for days!