Cupcaitering

Friday, October 7, 2011

monster cookies

I forgot to put these in my summer update post.  I love these cookies!  I've made them in the past and they never disappoint.  This time I used pretzel M&Ms instead of regular ones and they were even yummier.  I was just thinking yesterday that because peanut butter doesn't seem to be as big here, I wonder if they are into pb baked goods?  I am going to have to explore this a bit more and introduce them to the magical world of peanut butter cookies if they aren't already informed.  Any brits out there know the answer to this?


Monster Cookies

Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp corn syrup
2 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
1 cup m&ms

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Whisk in oats until combined.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter and sugars until creamy.  Beat in vanilla, corn syrup and eggs.  Finally, beat in the dry ingredients.
4.  Fold in chocolate and M&Ms.
5. Chill dough for about 1 hour in the fridge or 20 minutes in the freezer.
4. Place balls of dough that are patted down a bit on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 12-15 minutes.  Cookies should be golden brown and set, but make sure not to overcook them to enjoy chewy cookies for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment