Cupcaitering

Sunday, October 16, 2011

cream tea: review # 1

When I found out that I had been accepted to school here, I wondered what I would do with my blog.  As you all know, Heather is now on board to keep the posts happening but I also decided it would be fun to do reviews of local cafes, bakeries, etc. here in Brighton.  I'm hoping to continue with these, so if people have any suggestions on how I can make them better, let me know.

Royal Pavilion in Brighton


When I googled places to have tea in Brighton, Cream Tea was near the top and as my friend Chad and I were walking around town last weekend, I spotted it.  We were both hungry after a full morning of touristing it up (see above) so we both went with the afternoon tea.


This cost 8.50 GBP and you got a sandwich, pot of tea for one and a scone with cream and preserves.  Both of us got smoked salmon, cream cheese sandwiches.  These were pretty good.  The bread was fresh and arugula added a nice touch of flavour.

I had a traditional English breakfast tea and Chad had some sort of fruit tea.  It was such a lovely vibrant pink colour.  My tea was their own blend and it had a really nice flavour and was steeped nice and strong, which I like.


After our sandwiches we enjoyed our scones.  The scone was quite nice, a teeny bit dry but still yummy slathered in cream and preserves.  The preserves were my favourite part and sadly, I am not even 100% sure what they were but they were really yummy and a bit runnier which I like.


For our first tea in Brighton, this place delivered.  We got to sit outside in the sun which was so nice, but the inside looked cozy as well.  I would go back for sure, but not before trying all the other tea houses in Brighton.  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment