Cupcaitering

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

wheat germ shortbread

I had decided that I wanted to make a shortbread for Margot's shower.  What I really wanted to make was THESE.  But, I felt like I should try something new.  So, I racked my brain for something similar and came up with wheat germ.  This recipe is so easy, which was also a selling point.



Wheat Germ Shortbread

1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
2 to 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
 
1. Beat together bitter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and beat in.
3. Beat in flour and wheat germ until just combined.
4. Roll dough in sugar and form a log.  Throw it in the fridge for a few hours or the freezer for about 20 minutes.
5.  Cut cookies about 1 cm in thickness and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment