Cupcaitering

Monday, June 27, 2011

pecan pie

I spent the week before the shower baking like a mad woman to get ready.  It's rather surprising that I've never made a pecan pie before.  It's one of my very favourite desserts and conveniently, one of Margot's favourites too.  Warmed up and topped with ice cream, doesn't get much better than that.


I wasn't totally happy with the pie because I cut a corner and used a pre-made crust,  but now that I know how easy it is, I will have to make some pie dough and try this out for realzies (it's a word, I swear). 


Classic Pecan Pie

1 crust
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup pecan halves

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Prepare crust according to recipe (I prefer Dorie Greenspan's recipe).
2. Beat together all ingredients except the pecans, pour into crust and place pecans on top.  Make it pretty!
3. Bake for about 45 minutes with the edges covered to prevent burning.

2 comments:

  1. I love pecan pie and I would totally want to eat this but the crust Caitlin, the crust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandmother, my Mom was a great pastry maker. It is too bad you never had the chance to take a lesson or two from her. But I must say your Mom will love any Pecan Pie you make.

    ReplyDelete