Cupcaitering

Friday, June 24, 2011

lime and toasted coconut corona blondies

I'm not going to lie to you, dear readers.  Partially because I lack the ability to lie (literally, I have to walk away from people so they don't see my face), and also because it's wrong to lie to your trusting friends and family,especially about baked goods. All that to say, I wasn't totally happy with these.  I think it's mostly my fault.  I used fresh, fizzy beer.  Just like the recipe said.  But, they came out far too cakey for me.  The original recipe pictures don't look cakey at all.   

As for taste....awesome!  That is if you like a cool corona with lime on a hot summer day, which obviously you do.  That being said, I did prefer them cold.  It just works better.  Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you ; ).


Lime and Toasted Coconut Corona Blondies
slightly adapted from scarletta bakes


1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 c. white sugar, granulated
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. Corona beer
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tbsp. lime zest
1/2 cup toasted coconut
cooking spray

Directions
1. Grease an 8″ x 8″ baking pan liberally with cooking spray and set aside.  Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
3. Beat in the flour and salt alternating with the beer, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Once a uniform batter has formed, fold in the zest.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the blondies comes out clean. Cool, cut and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. For years I thought you were not my daughter because of your great intelligence, with this recipe I finally am convinced you are mine....yummy! Baking and beer what a combo!

    ReplyDelete