Cupcaitering

Sunday, June 12, 2011

birthday fun cupcakes!

Oy, I've been a bad blogger lately.  Hopefully that will change this week as I have a ton of baking to do for Margot's wedding shower next weekend.


I made these quick cupcakes for my friend Meaghan's bday on Friday.  As soon as I saw the recipe linked to by Jessica of How Sweet it Is, I knew I had to make that frosting!!  I was happy to discover Confessions of a Cookbook Queen as well because she has tons of scrumptious looking stuff on her blog too!


How awesome is this new plate?  The best kind of bike...the one with cupcake wheels.


And one last awesome thing...this button that my Mom's friend (and my new Uncle) made for me.  : )


I hope that's not too much awesomeness for you to handle in one day.

Cream Cheese Cake Batter Frosting
by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen

1 stick salted butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 

3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup white cake mix
 

In the bowl of a mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and extract(s) on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar and cake mix and beat on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium-high and beat for 2 minutes. If frosting is too thick, mix in a bit of heavy cream or milk until desired consistency is reached.



Note: I made this using unsalted butter and only used 2 cups of powdered sugar.  I think the salt would have been nice though.

1 comment: