Cupcaitering

Friday, June 3, 2011

banana chocolate biscotti

I had saved this recipe last year when I was going through a bit of a biscotti phase (yeah, I go through baked good phases...I'm cool like that).  I hadn't made these crunchy treats in a while and decided to make some for a book club tea on Sunday. 


These turned out perfectly.  They cut beautifully, they taste delicious and the texture is exactly what I look for in biscotti. 


I love how long biscotti lasts, allowing me to use my beloved Liberty of London cookie jar, which quite frankly, never stays full for very long.
I kept a bunch sans chocolate for the cookie jar and they're delicious as well. 

Banana Chocolate Biscotti
from A Whisk and a Prayer

4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups white or milk chocolate chips, melted

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
2.  In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffly.  Add eggs, banana, and vanilla and beat to combine.
3.  Add dry ingredients and beat until it just comes together.
4.  On a parchment lined cookie sheet form two logs (approximately 3x12), smoothing with a fondant smoother and bake for 25 minutes.
5.  Remove from oven and spritz lightly with water to soften outer edge.  Cut biscotti to desired size.  I like mine quite thin.  Lay pieces on the cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, flipping them half way.  When golden brown, they are done.  Remove and let cool.
6.  Once cool, dip in or drizzle with chocolate, allow to harden and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment