If you don't like bacon and you don't like chocolate chip cookies, we clearly can't be friends. (Some exceptions may apply)
A number of people around the interwebs have made these, or variations on these. I know the whole bacon things is "over", but can we ever truly get over something so delicious? No, no we cannot.
I've been dreaming of these ever since I made them and ate them. You know when you immediately want to make something again that it was good.
Candied Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
8 strips of bacon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Spread bacon on a tinfoil-lined (very important if you ever want to use your pan again/ don't want to scrub until your hands are raw) baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle on brown sugar and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18-25 minutes or until crispy, flipping after 10 minutes.
3. Once cooled, cut into little bits.
For the cookies:
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs.
3. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and bacon.
5. Place balls of dough (whatever size you like) on cookie sheet with enough space to spread. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes watching carefully. Remove when edges begin to golden.