Cupcaitering

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

strawberry nutella "pop tarts"

After making the cookie pie that I blogged about yesterday I had some leftover dough.  I had seen this post the week before and decided to use up the dough and make some home made pop tarts.  These were yummy, but my dough to filling ratio was off, so next time I would try and roll the dough thinner.  I would also add a bit more sugar than usual to the dough, or sprinkle them with sugar if using store bought dough.  Regardless, they're a fun idea and a super easy way to use up some leftover dough bits.



Homemade Pop Tarts

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough and cut into rectangles.
2.  Fill with whatever you like, (I chose sliced strawberries and nutella) leaving space around the edges for sealing.
3.  Use a fork to seal the edges and bake on parchment until golden brown (13 to 15 minutes).

1 comment: