Cupcaitering

Friday, May 27, 2011

mint chocolate rice krispie treats

Let me just state that I loved these and will definitely be making them again.  I made them for a coworker's birthday last week.  I needed something quick because I was working at the bike shop the night before and these were perfect.  So easy to throw together and such a nice light treat.  I'll keep this entry simple to go along with the recipe.  Enjoy!



Chocolate Mint Rice Krispie Treats


Ingredients
1/4 cup unsalted butter
10.5 oz marshmallows
1 cup mint chocolate candy (I used Junior mints)
7 cups rice krispies

Directions
1.Melt butter over low-medium heat in a large pot.
2. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
3. Add the mint-chocolate candy and stir again until melted.
4. Remove from heat and add rice krispies.  Stir until evenly coated.
5. Press ingredients into a 13x9 pan lined with parchment.  Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then add a Junior mint to each square. 
6. Once completely cool, remove the rice crispy treats from the pan; using the parchment as a sling. 
7. Cut the treats and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. these look tasty! I just might have to try them. Now that you are posting more often it is getting hard to keep up. But I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint? Chocolate with Mint? I am not sure we share the same gene pool. Oh wait I have seen your messy room you are my daughter.

    ReplyDelete