Friday, May 27, 2011
mint chocolate rice krispie treats
1/4 cup unsalted butter
10.5 oz marshmallows
1 cup mint chocolate candy (I used Junior mints)
7 cups rice krispies
1.Melt butter over low-medium heat in a large pot.
2. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted.
3. Add the mint-chocolate candy and stir again until melted.
4. Remove from heat and add rice krispies. Stir until evenly coated.
5. Press ingredients into a 13x9 pan lined with parchment. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then add a Junior mint to each square.
6. Once completely cool, remove the rice crispy treats from the pan; using the parchment as a sling.
7. Cut the treats and enjoy!