Cupcaitering

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

chocolate chip cookie pie

This tool (the one I mentioned a few weeks ago) is ruining my life!  Ok, that is perhaps a bit melodramatic, but seriously, sometimes this knowledge is just best left unknown.  For example, I was going to make this pie, but then I entered it into our evil "handy" little tool and what popped up shocked and horrified me!  Don't get me wrong, I knew it would be bad, but somehow I had deluded myself into thinking it wouldn't be quite THAT BAD!  700 calories and 50g of fat, people!  Oh the humanity!  Having that knowledge, I just couldn't do it.  I couldn't serve people a pie that I knew was so horrendously gluttonous.  I'm sure I've served things just as bad, but unwittingly, and somehow that makes it better for me. 

So, I made this pie instead.  And you know what, I didn't look up the nutritional information.  I'm going to live in the dark and pretend that it isn't so bad.  It really can't be as bad as that other pie.  Right?  I guess adding ice cream probably doesn't help. : S



Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

From Nestle

1 unbaked pie crust, homemade or store bought
2 large eggs
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter softened (1 and 1/2 sticks)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Beat eggs until frothy.
3.  Add in flour and sugars.  Once blended, beat in the softened butter.
4. Stir in your chocolate chips and nuts.
5.  Pour into prepared pie crust.  I used a store bought in this case due to time constraints (no time for chilling), but I have had the best results with Dorie Greenspan's recipe.
6. Bake for 50-55 minutes.  Eat warm, topped with ice cream.

3 comments:

  1. I have to say that peanut butter, chocolate delight looked pretty fantastic. And i am one of those people who would eat it, knowing just how bad it is for me:) This one looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, this looks.... yeah. just so good. so good i am not articulate. thanks for sharing, loves it :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it last night for dessert - delicious!

    ReplyDelete