Cupcaitering

Friday, April 8, 2011

S.W.E.E.T. take two

Last weekend, I had the pleasure of catering Bushtukah's Sporty Women’s Empowering Evening of Tips and Advice (SWEET) event for the second year in a row.  They told me to do exactly what I did last year, but based on my observations, I changed things up a bit.  I noticed last year that the bars seemed to be very popular and the cupcakes were not as popular, so this year I did more bars.  The cupcakes were a hit this year but then again everything was!  All the baked goods went really quickly.  As fast as we (my roomate Kate helped) put them out they were snatched up!  It even had me going crazy thinking I forgot to bring a box, but we counted, and I definitely had them all.  All of the craziness lead to a rather unfortunate event...I forgot to take pictures.  When we realized, it was too late, there was nothing left.  The tables were completely dessimated!  We did get one picture of all the stuff before the event.



A bunch of the stuff I made has been featured before, but a few things were new.  Here are some of the tasty treats I served up that have been featured here before.  Expect (most of) the rest in the coming days and an exciting new "variations on a theme" series (don't worry, I will still be continuing with the carrot cake series, but a girl can only eat so much carrot cake!).

P.S. An incredibly big thank you to Kate, Heather and Melissa.  I couldn't have done it without you ladies!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went well. I have some photos from last year, I'm not sure if I ever gave them to you... If you like I can send them. Also I tagged you in a post yesterday, check out out: http://newfoundlanderatheart.blogspot.com/2011/04/handwriting-game.html and complete it! :) lof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the trays look lovely Caitlin! I'm sure I could have eaten my fair share as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Notice how I started and ended that comment with the word well? Again, I am not high in case you missed my last comment without notice.

    ReplyDelete