Cupcaitering

Thursday, March 3, 2011

airplane cake

Can you believe it's March already?  I am so ready for Spring this year.  I've even started willing it to come by dressing in pastels and eating spring-y/summer-y foods.

My coworker's husband turned 30 earlier this month and she asked me to make a cake.  She wanted a pretty big cake, and a fancy cake.  It was the biggest cake I've ever made, and it was definitely stressful, but I think it turned out pretty well.  More lessons learned in working with fondant.  I feel like it's a slower process for me because I am not naturally talented in the art department. 


She got him flight lessons for his birthday and wanted a plane theme, after a bit of research, this is the approach I went with.

The inside layers of the cake were cherry chip with cherry frosting, and chocolate cherry with cherry filling and chocolate frosting.  I used some of the leftover cake batter to make some heart cupcakes for my tea party as well but didn't get any pics.

1 comment:

  1. I wish someone would give me flight lessons. Or just a great Chocolate Cherry Cake......

    ReplyDelete