Cupcaitering

Monday, February 21, 2011

linzer hearts


My friend Melissa - who is leaving to go back to Utah soon : ( - makes the most amazing linzer cookies.  Seriously so good!  I thought it would be super cute to do linzer hearts with little flower windows for valentine's so I decided to give Melissa's recipe a go.  Although mine didn't turn out quite as awesome as hers, they were still yummy and I was very happy with the way they looked.  My mom said they looked like something you'd see at Second Cup...

"Ugh...gee, thanks Mom, that's what I aspire to....Second Cup".
"They don't TASTE like Second Cup, I just meant they looked nice". 

Dear Mom, I love you, but I think it's time to move away from Brampton, to a real city, with real bakeries.  Second Cup should not be the standard to which baked goods are held.


Back to the linzers, Melissa has a recipe up on her site for a pistachio rhubarb variety (also seriously good).  I just swapped out the pistachios for hazlenuts and used raspberry jam.  I'm going to miss Melissa and all of her baking inspiration so much when she leaves.  Hopefully she'll be blogging more so I can keep up to date with her latest creations.  It has been so nice getting to know her and hanging with her awesome husband and the best baby in the world.  I hope our paths will cross again very soon!

2 comments:

  1. so cute! bet they taste as good as they look, too :)
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious! They look good enough to be in Starbucks! :P

    ReplyDelete