Cupcaitering

Friday, February 18, 2011

every good tea party needs a centrepiece

A few weeks ago when I was taking my cake decorating course, each of us were given a gingerbread house because they had some kicking around after Christmas that expire in June.  Kate and Will had planned on making a gingerbread house in December and never got around to it, so I suggested that the three of us make a Valentine's day house. 



Kate and I went to Bulk Barn (love) and grabbed some v-day candies and the three of us got to work.


This is the nicest gingerbread house I've ever made, and I was super excited about how cute it was.  Kate's fondant bay window really makes the whole thing that much better. 


Plus, I got to put some of my newly acquired decorating skills to good use.  It made a beautiful centrepiece at the v-day tea and everyone was quite impressed!

4 comments:

  1. Your centerpiece is cute. I love the pink and brown together. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my cheesecake bites.
    Katie
    Ps- Every Wednesday I feature recipes from all around blogland. I'd love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother and I think that the cake is fabo! That is a 60's remark, we were both there in the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I might consider putting in a bay window if it was made of icing and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, I want to move into that house and eat it! Fax moi!

    ReplyDelete