Cupcaitering

Thursday, January 6, 2011

tim tam truffles and a new year

Another year gone. I am truly happy to be starting 2011. Not that 2010 was bad for me. For the world…another story, but I won’t get into that here. I’ve always loved the starting of a new year, the starting of a new school year too. There’s a feeling...like a fresh start, the ability to turn over a new leaf and be a better person (or a ridiculously new leaf as my friend Meaghan would put it). Even if that feeling only lasts for a few weeks, or a month, I still always fall for it. 

I was taking a look at my new year's resolutions from last year (I always document them). I only really achieved 2 of my 6 goals, but I made a good effort at the others. The key seems to be concrete goals rather than wishy washy ones. One of the big ones for 2011 is saving money, because just before Christmas I heard some exciting news. I was accepted to study at the University of Sussex starting in September. In order to make that happen, I need to save a lot of money each month. One area for cut back, unfortunately, needs to be baking supplies. I’ve decided to cut back on the baking to twice a week. Maybe this will be a good thing and will force me to be even more creative with my baking. I did get quite a few baking supplies and books for Christmas.

I've been busy this week working on my resolutions for the year, trying to get my apartment cleaned up and reduce the amount of stuff I have, and spending time in the gym. Blogging has been taking a back seat for a bit, but I'll be back at it regularly next week.  I continue my little break from baking anything this week with a peak from one of the things I made before the holidays but never got around to posting about.


Ever since my fourth year of university, when we became good friends with Lola, an exchange student from Australia, my friends and I have been obsessed with Tim Tams.  Lola introduced the cookie to us and taught us about slamming.  I was looking for easy truffle recipes for this holiday season and came across a recipe for Tim Tam truffles.  SOLD!


It's the easiest thing and they are delicious.  All you do is take a package plus about 4 more tim tam biscuits, crush them up in a food processor, mix with one 8oz package of softened cream cheese and form into balls.  Put them in the freezer until they harden and then dip in melted chocolate.  If you're more ambitious than me, you could temper the chocolate, but I decided since they have cream cheese in them and need to be kept in the fridge anyways, I wouldn't bother.  You could also decorate them with white chocolate, but I didn't have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment