Cupcaitering

Sunday, January 9, 2011

"melt-in-your-mouth" shortbread

My friend asked me to make her boyfriend chai shortbread cookies for Christmas.  I had wanted to try this recipe from Allrecipes for a while, so decided to do a chai version by adding the spices.


I'll be honest, I wasn't totally sold on these - hence the quotations.  They weren't melt in your mouth, buttery enough for me.  Don't get me wrong, they were good, but just not the perfect shortbread I was hoping for.  I've yet to find a shortbread that makes me totally happy (other than Melissa's oat variety...but that's in a different league).  Anyone out there have the perfect shortbread recipe?

I did take the opportunity to use my cookie gun, that I got for Christmas last year and never got around to using until this year.  It was quite fun and I will keep it in mind from now on.


"Melt-in-your-mouth" Shortbread
from Allrecipes

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Directions
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.Whip butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, cornstarch, and flour. Beat on low for one minute, then on high for 3 to 4 minutes. Drop cookies by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3.Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Watch that the edges don't brown too much. Cool on wire racks.

1 comment:

  1. My family's shortbread recipe is pretty good. Definitely not dry, more crispy, light, sweet. I'll have to try and source it from my Mom sometime for you!

    ReplyDelete