Cupcaitering

Monday, January 17, 2011

blue monday

Apparently today is Blue Monday.  A day where everyone's depressed because they've failed to put their New Year's resolutions into action and don't have any stat holidays until the end of April.  Yeah...that is pretty depressing.

I have actually made some very good progress on my New Year's resolutions, which is why I haven't had a moment to spare for baking.  I've been going to the gym almost every day and am working back at the bike shop part-time to bring in extra cash to save for school.  I guess I need to work out a way to fit all that in and still do some baking, because I miss it!  I read that if you introduce New Year's resolutions gradually over the year, you're more likely to acheive them, so maybe I will make one starting in February to blog twice a week.

I did finally get around to some baking last night and decided to make biscotti.  I figured it would be something that I could eat without feeling terribly guilty, and because it lasts forever, I wouldn't feel the pressure to eat it before it goes bad.  Well, maybe I'm out of practice, but it was a total disaster.  I now have a cookie jar filled with biscotti bits.  They taste great, but were not pretty AT ALL.  I have a few baking plans for next weekend, so hopefully I'll be back on track soon.

For now, stay happy people!

No comments:

Post a Comment