Cupcaitering

Thursday, November 4, 2010

reflections

Last night I had my first gumpaste class at Algonquin College. I found it to be very intimidating and a lot of the people in it were pretty hardcore/a bit serious for my taste. This is a hobby for me, so I had to remind myself that I am only doing it to learn new skills and make beautiful cakes. There is no need to be competitive, because at the end of the day, I have a good job. I have been thinking lately about how much I have done in the year since I started working here. Being out of school has allowed me to really divide my time and focus on developing some of my hobbies. When you’re in university, it’s easy to get caught up with school to the point where all you really do is school, work, and social life. Having the separation of work and home life has meant that I started focussing more on what makes me happy and fulfilled. I’ve had some accomplishments in the last year that I can be really proud of.
I often find with the blog, that I need to keep reminding myself of the reasons why I am doing this. It’s for my own personal development. Blogging about my passion in a public forum allows me to continually improve upon my baking and push myself to try new things.

There’s not much point to this post other than to say Thanks to everyone who has been supporting me, and sharing kind words. It means a lot and motivates me to keep going.

Hope that is not to sappy for everyone…don’t worry, we’ll be back to our regularly scheduled programming shortly.  And, hopefully soon, some pictures of pretty flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment