Cupcaitering

Thursday, November 4, 2010

pretzel nutella cookies

Ok, I promise this is the last choco-pretzel combo for a while. I know…you’re all sick of hearing about it. But you know what, I’m not sick of eating it. Still so yummy! Plus, my friend John inspired and requested these.


The cookie dough alone for this recipe was enough to satisfy me. I partook in a lot of finger licking (and consequently hand washing) while making these cookies. Then, when I took them out of the oven, and was taking them off the tray and “accidentally” broke some, I had some of those as well.

The recipe for these was insanely (in the membranely) easy. We were running a bit short on nutella so some of them were maybe not as amazing in the ratio department, but the combo was still killer.


Nutella Pretzel Cookies
from The Village Cook

Ingredients
3 cups thin pretzels, crushed (leaving a few intact)
1 cup butter, softened
2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour

Directions
1. Beat the butter with half the pretzels
2. Add the sugar and beat until creamy
3. Mix in the egg, flour and remaining pretzels
4. Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes (mine only took 12), or until golden and crisp. Allow to cool and remove from tray.

Note: Do not leave them on the trays too long or they get really stuck, crisp and hard to get off.

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled upon this... Flashback to my college dorm days, where I consumed lots of pretzels dunked in a nutella jar. looks great.

    ReplyDelete