Cupcaitering

Thursday, October 7, 2010

pumpkin scones

Following up on the promise of mass quantities of pumpkin baked goods this fall, these pumpkin scones deliver nothing but pure scrumptiousness.

I had this recipe in my pile of recipes for quite some time and finally made them for last year’s fall tea party. They were so delicious, and such a hit that I had to make them again for this year. Overshadowed by the apple cake, they perhaps didn’t get as much love as last year, but were still enjoyed by all. I’ve been continuing the enjoyment this week by starting my day with them before I run out the door.

Unfortunately, I printed this recipe before I was super conscious about sourcing, so I am not sure where I got it. If anyone recognizes it, let me know!





Pumpkin Scones

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
7 tbsp packed brown sugar
3 tbsp heavy cream
1 egg

Directions
 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and soda, salt and spices.
3. Cut in butter until the mixture resemble coarse crumbs.
4. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cream and egg and whisk together.  Fold into the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon until everything is incorporated.
5. On a floured surgace, use your hands to form the dough into a flattened circle, about 1 inch thick and cut into six triangles.  (I used a patry cutter to make mini round scones)
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown in colour.  

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll make these tomorrow morning. yum

    ReplyDelete