Cupcaitering

Sunday, October 24, 2010

chocolate toffee pretzel cake


I've been digging the salty-sweet combo lately.  I volunteered to help my friend make a cake for a dinner she was going to and decided to make one for a little dinner my roommate and I were having with the boys.  I hadn't made a chocolate cake in a while and wanted to change things up.  Thought of this, and the rest is history.  Next time I would forgo the pretzels in the cake and just do the ones on the outside because they got a little bit soggy, but other than that it was awesome.  Live and learn!
Use your favourite chocolate cake recipe and chocolate frosting recipe.  Put a layer of frosting between each layer of cake and sprinkle a toffee bits all over.  Decorate with pretzels.  Easy as that!

3 comments:

  1. I love pretzels! This cake would be so good to eat right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a salty guy so not sure about this.... D

    ReplyDelete