Cupcaitering

Thursday, September 9, 2010

who doesn't like brownies?

This is actually an unexpected post.  It wasn't in my Fall "plan", but sometimes inspiration just happens.  I was definitely enjoying some lovely Fall temperatures on my run today...does that count?

Last winter/spring when I was gearing up to my big catering event, I went on a mission to find a brownie recipe from scratch that could live up to boxed brownies.  Yeah, that's right, I'm a big fan of boxed brownies.  I know they're full of gross additives and stuff, but they're always so damn good.  Duncan Hines is a man that knows what he is doing in the brownie department.  After all my searching and many failed attempts, I did find something that I deemed good enough to live up to the boxed brownie perfection.  While not terribly hard, it is definitely harder than boxed and so yesterday when I was browsing on tastespotting and came accross this recipe for One Bowl Brownies on Itsy Bitsy foodies, I decided I had to try them.

I'll give this recipe an A for effort.  It did take me less than 5 minutes to put together and throw in the oven but it just wasn't as good as the other brownies I've made.  I mean, they weren't BAD, but I didn't want to eat the entire pan either (which I usually do).  Despite my dissapointment, I'm sure we'll be able to suffer through with these sub-standard brownies.


post script: I totally ate a lot of these brownies.  They're chocolate, what can I say?

1 comment:

  1. if you ever have too many substandard brownies, feel free to bring some over here.

    ReplyDelete