Cupcaitering

Saturday, September 11, 2010

blog feature batterdays: the picky palate

 Get it, like Saturday but batter…man I’m good.

I’m going to try something new out here.  Since blogs provide so much inspiration for my baking, I decided I should “give back” and feature some of the best and brightest food bloggers around.  So, you can go read their blog and quit wasting your time here!

First off, the Picky Palate.  I should just be banned from this site.  Every single time I go on there, without fail, I end up drooling…and copying down a recipe to try.  Part of what makes Jenny’s recipes so appealing to me is their simplicity.  A lot of them are things that can be whipped up super quickly with ingredients on hand (or at least easily retrieved from a nearby grocer).  Recipes that make you think, “I can totally do that!”  When you are as busy as I am, and you feel the need to bring baked goods to almost every social event you attend, this is all a definite plus.  I still don’t understand how she’s not obese though.

To prove just how amazing she is, I tried out her latest creation: the chocolate and caramel apple pie galette.

This was dangerously easy and delicious.  If you’re ever in a rush and need something quick to bring to an event, check out her site.  You won’t be dissapointed!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed the recipe Caitlin!! Cute blog!!

    ReplyDelete